Yummy bars that taste just like Turtle chocolates but so much better! The nut, chocolate and caramel combination is insanely delicious!
When I was a kid one of my favourite treats was chocolate Turtles. At Christmas time and other holidays, there was always some around and I absolutely loved them! When I saw these Turtle Cookie bars I knew I had to try them. They turned out perfect and delicious! I love that they are just like chocolate turtles but even better. They are great to add to your Christmas baking list or even give out as gifts.
Click here for more –> RECIPES!
Turtle Cookie Bars
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/2 Cup butter softened
- 1 Cup pecan halves or chopped pecans
- 2/3 Cup butter
- 1/2 Cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 Cup milk chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a mixing bowl; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended.
- Pat mixture firmly into an ungreased 13x9 inch pan.
- Arrange pecans over crust.
- Combine 2/3 cup butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
- Cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour mixture over pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with chocolate morsels.
- Let stand 2-3 minutes or until slightly melted.
- Gently swirl chocolate with a knife, leaving some morsels whole (do not spread).
- Let cool on a wire rack at room temperature until chocolate is set.
- Cut into squares.