These cabbage rolls are super easy to make and are always a crowd pleaser!
More awesome -> RECIPES
- 2 Heads cabbage
- 2 large onion chopped
- 1 lb bacon sliced thin
- 3 lbs ground beef leaner the better
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 large eggs scrambled
- 1 large can sauerkraut
- 1 large can tomato puree
- 1 large can whole peeled Roma tomatoes
- 4 cups rice cooked
- Pre heat oven to 350°
- Brown bacon and onion till just about crisp, add garlic at end of fry.
- Mix Bacon mix , cooked rice and eggs together. Add salt and pepper.
- Blanche Cabbage by placing head of cabbage in cold water for 3-4 minutes.
- Removing leaf by leaf. Cut away any additional core
- Place ground meat mix into each leaf and roll tucking sides in as you go
- Place top leaves of Cabbage at the bottom of pan.
- Roll each cabbage and place in pan
- Each layer will be topped with tomato puree and sauerkraut.
- When finished layering crush whole tomatoes on top and bake for 1 hour
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!