This is a nice light salad for lunch! The strawberries give this salad a burst of sweetness and the nuts give this a nice crunch.
Do you ever get bored eating the same salads all the time? This salad tastes amazing and is very different then your usual salad. Great for a light lunch or a nice compliment to a meal. The sweetness of the strawberries makes this salad really tasty! My kids love this one because they love strawberries. The poppyseed dressing is amazing!
I usually serve this with feta cheese. It always compliments the salad extremely well.
This is great to make during strawberry season with fresh berries. If they aren’t in season you can use frozen berries that have been thawed out. Feel frrr to add other fruit as well.
Check out more amazing –> RECIPES
Start 2017 off to a great start. Check out -> TeDivina Detox Tea
Strawberry Spinach Salad With Poppyseed Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinaigrette choose a low sugar version
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- stevia or sweetener of choice optional, to taste
- 4 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 pkg fresh baby spinach 10 ounces
- 1 pint fresh strawberries sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely candied pecans or walnuts chopped
- Combine the vinaigrette, salt, mustard and sweetener. Blend or whisk until smooth. Gradually add oil while continuing to blend or whisk. Stir in poppy seeds and refrigerate dressing for at least an hour.
- Just before serving, toss the spinach, strawberries and candied pecans in a large. Serve with dressing.
- I often add feta crumbles and diced chicken breast to make it a complete meal.