Do you enjoy stuffed chicken breasts? Well you should take a peek at this recipe
Woah! What is that?
That, my friend, is a picture of a delicious stuffed chicken breast that you can make if you follow this recipe. Not only are they perfect for a low carb meal, but pairing them with a salad will create a first class low carb meal!
Why Should I Make This?
The bigger question is why shouldn’t you make this? Whether you are eating alone (it happens even to the best of us) or are having a get together with your buds, you simply can’t go wrong with stuffed chicken breasts. Especially if they happen to be stuffed with spinach and pepper jack cheese.
Hey, Wait A Second- It Has Spinach In It?!
But I Hate Spinach!
Didn’t your Mama ever tell you that spinach is good for you? I know mine did, and I also know she was always right! So take a hint from Skinny Mama and give it a try, cuz you won’t regret it in this recipe!
Check out the rest of my recipes here!
Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 1 Lb chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 4 Oz pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1 Cup frozen spinach thawed and drained (I use fresh cooked spinach)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp bread crumbs (I like Italian style)
- 1 Tsp cajun seasoning
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Flatten chicken until it is 1/4 inch thick.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pepper jack cheese and spinach (feel free to add salt and pepper to taste).
- Combine the Cajun seasoning and breadcrumbs together in a small bowl.
- Spoon about 1/4 c of the spinach mixture onto each chicken breast.
- Roll each chicken breast tightly and fasten the seams with several toothpicks.
- Brush each chicken breast with the olive oil and sprinkle it with the Cajun seasoning mixture until evenly covered.
- You can sprinkle any remaining cheese and spinach on the chicken if you wish.
- Place the chicken seam-side up onto a tin foil-lined baking sheet (for easy cleanup).
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remember to remove the toothpicks before serving!