Smothered cube steak and onions is an amazingly delicious meal that is simple to make!
I love this cube steak recipe because it’s easy to fix and tastes delicious and flavorful! Perfect for any day of the week. The whole family loves it when I make this recipe. Can be served over egg noodles or with rice or salad. I love having this with a nice salad on the side.
The house seasoning for this recipe is:
Equal parts garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper, combine and store in an air tight container. Make as much or as little as you like, just measure the same amount of each ingredient.
This seasoning can be used for any other recipe you need a good seasoning for as well. Stores well.
Check out my amazing –> RECIPES
Smothered Cubed Steak with Onions
- 4 pieces cubed steak
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp tsp. my house seasoning (equal parts garlic powder mentioned above
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 cup beef broth
- 1 tbs butter
- vegetable oil for frying
- On a plate, combine the flour and house seasoning.
- Heat about 1/4" oil in a heavy bottom skillet over medium to high heat.
- Dredge each piece of cubed steak into the flour and coat well. Once the oil is heated place the floured cube steak in the pan and cook about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove the steak to a plate, add the sliced onions to the pan and cook until tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Make sure you have at least 2 tablespoons of oil in the pan with the onions.
- Once the onions are tender, add the 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan along with 3 tablespoons of the seasoned flour you dredged the steak in.
- Stir to combine and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the beef broth and cook until it begins to thicken.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the cubed steak back to the pan to heat through (about 3-4 minutes) and serve.