If you are looking for a mouth watering baked chicken recipe this is a must try!
I’m always looking for new chicken recipes. I seem to always have some chicken breasts in the freezer that I’m looking to use when I need to make a quick meal on a busy night. Smothered chicken is simple to make and a delicious meal the whole family will love!
If you don’t like mushrooms or onions feel free to omit or replace with another veggie. You could use peppers and celery in place of either if you like. Cream of mushroom soup can also be switched up with another cream soup if you don’t have it on hand.
This makes a great weekday meal, goes well with rice or potatoes.
Note: For more flavor, add a little garlic to the onions and mushrooms when you saute them.
Check out my amazing –> RECIPES
Get 2017 off to the right start! Check out->> TeDivina DETOX TEA!
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms FRESH OR canned
- 2 sweet onions sliced
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tbs butter
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese Shredded
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- salt pepper and garlic to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Saute mushrooms and onions in pan with 1Tbs butter just until tender.
- Dip chicken into beaten eggs, then roll in bread crumbs.
- In skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Brown both sides of chicken in skillet. Place chicken in pan, arrange onions and mushrooms on chicken, and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Add chicken broth and cream of mushroom soup together and stir until blended then pour over top of mushroom, onion and chicken..
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.