This recipe is perfect if your craving some barbecue but want something quick!
Smoked Cream Cheese topped with “JamUp”
- Bacon Jam
- 2 blocks Cream Cheese
- 1 BBQ Rub
- 12 oz thinly sliced Bacon
- 2 Sweet Onions halved and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- Captain Rodney's Boucan Glaze
- Chop bacon and sauté in a pan until cooked through but not crispy. Remove bacon from pan and reserve bacon grease.
- Using a basting brush, brush bacon grease on outside of each cream cheese block and season with The BBQ Rub (any sweet bbq rub can be substituted here).
- Smoked cream cheese in cast iron skillet at 275 for 1.5 hours.
- Add remaining bacon grease back into sauté pan. Add thinly sliced onions, brown sugar and vinegar and cook until onions are fully cooked and camelized.
- Add bacon to the onion mixture and heat through to make your bacon jam.
- When cream cheese comes off the smoker, top with bacon jam. Drizzle with as much Captain Rodney’s Boncan Glaze as you like and serve with corn chips or crackers.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!