An easy to make slow cooker roast that results in a tender, well flavored meal for the family!
I LOVE making slow cooker meals. Roasts always turn out really tender and delicious! It’s great for the kids because they can cut this with a fork! Delicious!
Thanks to Amanda Stortz for this amazing recipe!
More delicious – RECIPES!
Slow Cooker Chuck Roast
- 1 can Italian stewed tomatoes undrained, 14-1/2 ounces
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large onion halved and sliced
- 1 medium green pepper halved and sliced
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 medium boneless beef chuck roast 2 to 3 pounds
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Mix together the first 10 ingredients.
- In the slow cooker, place onion, green pepper and celery. Place the roast on top. Then pour 10 ingredient mixture over the roast.
- Cook on low in slow cooker about 6 hours.
- Remove roast and vegtables from slow cooker.
- Place cooking juices into a small saucepan. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth and stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil and cook and stir until thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve roast and vegetables with gravy.