Who doesn’t love the taste of Root Beer? I have loved Root beer since I was a kid, it was always my top pick if we went to a restaurant. I don’t drink much soda these days but this flavour definitely brings back some memories. So I thought, why not make a root beer cake?
I had to try this because I wanted something a bit different then white cake. This was fantastic! It has a very pleasant root beer taste, not overpowering, it’s ‘just right’. Also the hint of root beer in the icing really finishes this off nicely.
Here’s a tip- you can do this with any kind of soda! So try it out and make it with your favourite. You can experiment to see which kind of soda you like. My kids have requested a few other combinations for next time.
I had guests over and served this and it was a hit! Everyone was asking me for the recipe. I will be making this again for sure!
Click here for more –> RECIPES!
Root Beer Cake
- 1 Package white cake mix
- 1 3/4 Cups root beer divided
- 1/4 Cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 Envelope powdered whipped topping mix
- In a large bowl or mixer combine cake mix, 1 1/4 cups of root beer, oil and eggs.
- Beat on low speed for 2 minutes or you can mix ingredients by hand for 3 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 13x9 baking pan and bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before icing.
- Combine the remaining 1/2 cups of root beer with the whipped topping mix.
- Beat on high until soft peaks form.
- Ice cake and store in fridge.