This is the absolute best potato salad I have ever had! The secret ingredient is celery seed!
This is the absolute best potato salad I have ever eaten! Some may not like celery seed, but believe me, its not what you think! You MUST TRY this! Perfect for your next get together or barbecue!
More amazing – RECIPES
Red Hot & Blue's Potato Salad
- 4 lbs Red Bliss potatoes
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup green onion finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 3/4 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- Steam the potatoes skin-on for approximately 45 minutes (you can boil them, but they tend to be slightly mushier in the end result). Set aside until cool enough to handle. Boil your eggs, then do the same. When cool enough, peel the eggs ONLY (do NOT peel the potatoes -- the skin gives it part of it's unique texture and taste).
- In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients together until thoroughly mixed. Chop the potatoes and eggs into bite-size pieces and add to bowl. Mix GENTLY -- you want salad, not mush -- until blended.
- Serve at room temp for up to 2 hours after making -- refridgerate leftovers. It tastes best when room temp, but is delicious cold too -- so if you are making this in advance, it's fine to chill it.