This is the best relish recipe you will find on the internet!! So delicious, can be enjoyed on so many foods!
Check out more of my awesome -> RECIPES
Really Good Relish
- 8 cups cucumbers chopped and peeled
- 4 cups green bell peppers chopped and seeded
- 4 cups red bell peppers chopped and seeded
- 2 cups celery chopped
- 1 cup sweet onion chopped
- 1/2 cup salt (pickling or canning)
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 tbsp celery seed
- 3 tbsp mustard seed
- I use a food processor to finely chop everything up.
- In a large glass or stainless steel bowl, combine cucumbers, peppers, celery, onion and salt.
- Cover and let sit for 4 hours in a cool place, then transfer to a colander and drain.
- Rinse well with cool water and drain thoroughly, using your hands squeeze out the excess liquid.
- Prepare your canner, jars and lids.
- In a large stainless steel saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar, celery and mustard seeds.
- Stir well and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add drained cucumber mixture and return to a boil, be sure to stir frequently.
- Reduce heat and boil gently for 10 min.
- Put your relish in hot jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace and wipe rim well
- Place your lids on jars and place in canner be sure they are covered completely with water and boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove canner lid, wait 5 minutes, remove jars then cool and store.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!