This is an easy to make stew that will easily feed your entire family! A home cooked meal that will fill you up and satisfy that hunger!
It doesn’t get any easier then this to make a hearty home cooked meal for the entire family! This will cook all day in your slow cooker which is so much better then turning on your oven in the heat! Makes a full flavored stew everyone is sure to love!
This recipe is from Amanda Stortz – thanks Amanda!
Check out more awesome – RECIPES
Poor Man's Stew
- 1 pound ground beef browned and drained
- 1.5 pounds potatoes diced large
- 3 large carrots sliced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 6oz can tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Add cooked ground beef, potatoes, carrots, onions, and garlic to a 5-quart or larger slow cooker.
- In a small bowl whisk together the tomato paste, water, salt, pepper, onion powder and oregano. Pour this mixture over everything in the slow cooker. Stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours, without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve with buttered bread or rolls.