My kids love Pokemon GO. Whenever we go out somewhere they are always playing it. So with Ryan’s birthday coming up we thought a Pokemon GO Cake would be perfect! This will be a big hit if you have any Pokemon Go players in your house!
Ryan was so surprised when he saw the Pokemon Go cake. He was so happy with it and it tasted delicious!
Click here for more –> RECIPES!
Pokemon GO Birthday Cake
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs unbeaten
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon flavouring
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 lbs powdered sugar (aka confectioners sugar)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup water
- Cream butter/shortening.
- Gradually add sugar and cream.
- Beat in milk, hot water and flavouring.
- Add flour 1 cup at a time, alternating with an egg each time.
- Add baking powder and salt with the last cup of flour.
- Pour into a 10 inch cake pan. Bake for 1 hour at 375, lower temperature to 300 after half an hour
- Cream butter, shortening and vanilla until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and water gradually.
- Mix thoroughly on low speed (do not over mix!)
- Divide up your icing into 3 parts and add red and black icing to make those parts of the Pokemon Ball Icing.
- Pipe the icing onto the cake in the design of a Pokemon Ball as shown in the picture.