This time of year calls for comfort food and homemade casseroles. This one is a favourite here especially for the kids. Why? Well because they love pizza so of course they love pizza casserole!
One reason I really like this is you can easily change it up for different tastes just as you would for pizza! Spice it up! Add your favourite meat or veggies or just use what you already have on hand in the fridge. You can also change up the pasta but I prefer bowtie because it doesn’t get all mushy. You could also make this into a vegetarian dish very easily.
There will probably have leftovers from this for your lunch the next day as it’s such a rich casserole that a little goes a long way. It’s perfect for your next potluck as well. I brought it to a get together one night and everyone wanted the recipe- it was so popular!
Comment below on your version of pizza casserole, the ingredients list is so easy to change up and make unique!
Click here for more –> RECIPES!
- 1 Lb ground meat
- 1 (16oz) box bow tie pasta
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp oregano
- 1/2 Tsp garlic powder
- 2 (26oz) sliced pepperoni
- 1 (26oz) jar pasta sauce
- 1 (10oz) can diced Italian style tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (8oz) package shredded Italian cheese blend
- Any other toppings you like
- Boil water and salt for pasta, then add pasta.
- Brown meat in a separate frying pan.
- When pasta is cooked, drain.
- In a lightly greased 9×13×3 inch pan, pour a small amount of sauce to lightly coat bottom.
- Add a layer of pasta and add 1/2 of sauce, can of tomatoes, garlic powder, and oregano.
- On top of pasta, layer the ground meat, then add a layer of pepperoni.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese, and Italian cheese.
- Layer more pepperoni.
- Top with bacon bits and anything else you like!
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.