A delicious peanut butter pie thats’ easy to make and will satisfy that peanut butter craving!
Thanks to Amanda Stortz for this amazing recipe!!
Check out more amazing -> RECIPES
Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 9 inch pie crust premade
- 2 cups Cool Whip or whipped topping
- 1 cup cold milk plus 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter add more if needed
- 1 teaspoon water as needed
- Pudding Filling
- Mix together, 1 cup cold milk, cornstarch, salt, egg yolks, and vanilla extract with a whisk until nice and smooth.
- In a saucepan, heat 3 cups milk, butter, and sugar on medium heat until it is almost at boil, stirring constantly.
- Once scalding, add the cornstarch mixture--whisking CONSTANTLY! Cook until thickened (keep whisking). Remove from heat before it starts to boil.
- Chill in refrigerator until fully cooled.
- Using a mixer, beat peanut butter and powdered sugar until small crumbles appear. If too dry, sprinkle some water in as needed (and possibly add more peanut butter) until they form distinct "crumbles".
- Place 1/2 the peanut butter crumbles in the baked pie shell.
- Spoon chilled pudding on top of the crumbles (you may have too much pudding, use your judgement and put in as much filling as you think it should have).
- Place most of remaining crumbles on top of the pudding, reserving a little to sprinkle on the very top.
- Top with whipped cream. Sprinkle the remaining crumbles on the very top.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to eat.