Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup is so yummy on a cold winter day! This will warm you up so fast! Delicious cheesy broccoli flavour that your kids will love too!
I just love broccoli cheese soups, they are so good, especially on a cold day! This one is the best recipe I have seen! My whole family loved it and it stores great for leftovers or for freezing.
Check out my amazing –> RECIPES
Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 lb fresh broccoli chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 cup carrot julienned
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese grated
- Salt and pepper
- crusty bread
- Sauté onion in butter. Set aside.
- Cook melted butter and flour using a whisk over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Stir constantly and add the half & half.
- Add the chicken stock. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, carrots and onions. Cook over low heat 20-25 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper. Can be puréed in a blender but I don't. Return to heat and add cheese. Stir in nutmeg.
- Serve with crusty bread and Enjoy