Who needs a quick low carb recipe? These oven baked fajitas are a great weekday meal. This is a favourite at our house because it’s so easy and it has a low carb version. The kids usually have theirs in tortillas.
I love how you can also use beef, I usually go with whatever is on sale or in my freezer. The spice in this dish is fabulous! Not only will you love this, but it’s also super healthy! Yes, this is indeed a healthy dish that everyone in your house will love! Also great for a get together (simply double your recipe to feed a crowd).
This is also easy to convert to a meal in the crockpot. You can set this on low in your slow cooker for the day and come home to a delicious meal prepared for you. I just love coming home to the smell of food cooking!
If you don’t already have a crockpot or slow cooker I highly recommend it. You can convert almost anything to cook in it and it cooks while you are at work or away for the day. They also use less energy then your full size oven. I absolutely love mine! I always find the meat cooks better as well and is really tenderized from the ‘slow cook.’
Click here for more –> RECIPES!
Oven Baked Fajitas
- 1 Lb chicken breasts cut into strips
- 2 Tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 2 Tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 Tsp seasoned salt
- 1 (15oz) can diced tomatoes (the kind with green chilies)
- 1 Medium onion sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1/2 green bell pepper cut into strips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place chicken strips in a greased 13×9 baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt.
- Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and stir to coat.
- Next add the tomatoes, peppers, and onions to the dish and stir to combine.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.