One of my most requested recipes is this one pot lasagna soup, it is so flavourful and delicious and easier to make then you think!
This time of year I love comfort food. Soup is one of my favourite meals, especially when its flavourful and hearty like lasagna soup! This will warm you up on a cold day.
I had some ground pork in the freezer I wanted to use so I decided to make some easy one pot lasagna soup. You can use ground beef or pork for this. Another idea is you can replace half of the amount with ground sausage as well to give it some extra flavour. We doubled the recipe and made a big pot of soup so it would go a long way for our family of six.
If you are like me and love lasagna you will love this! It’s amazing and can be served as is or with garlic bread. Even the kids loved it! It turned out nice and thick because I added the topping for it right into the soup. My kids aren’t big on ricotta cheese but when it was mixed right in they couldn’t even tell it was there. They loved the soup and since I made a big pot of it, we even had it the next day and it was even better!
It’s so much fun eating healthy and making meals for my family. I love making something homemade and seeing how much they love it! It’s a great idea to make this as well for a pot luck or even for over the holidays when you are looking for something delicious to cook for a crowd. This soup is easily doubled and will go a long way, especially if it’s served with oven baked bread. Everyone will be asking you for this amazing recipe!
Click here for more -> RECIPES!
One Pot Lasagna Soup
- 1 Lb lean ground beef (or pork or half Italian sausage)
- 1 Yellow onion diced
- 4-5 Cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 Tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 (24oz) jar spaghetti sauce
- 8-10 Cups chicken broth divided
- 1 (14oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 Tsp dried parsley
- 1 Tsp dried oregano
- 1 Whole bay leaf
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp pepper
- 10 Inch lasagna noodles uncooked, broken into 1-2 pieces
Cheese Topping Instructions
- mozzarella cheese shredded
- Parmesan cheese grated
- ricotta cheese
- In a large pot add meat and onion and cook, stirring occasionally until meat is cooked through.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for one minute.
- Drain fat.
- Add spaghetti sauce, chicken broth, crushed tomatoes,tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, sugar, spices and the lasagna noodles.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until lasagna noodles are tender, about 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Discard bay leaf and add 2-4 cups chicken broth to reach desired consistency.
- For topping you can mix it up and add it straight into your soup, this is what I did and it make my soup nice and thick and flavourful. Or you can save it to use as topping on top of each individual bowl.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.