These old fashioned chicken and dumplings are super popular at my house! My friends are always asking me for the recipe!
Everyone loves chicken and dumplings! It’a a delicious hearty recipe and perfect for a cold winter day. This is what you call comfort food done right! This recipe is how to make chicken and dumplings from scratch, which is the best way to make these. They are easy to fix and turn out to be an amazing home cooked meal!
My kids love it when I make these and always want seconds. This recipe is definitely a family favourite that is served quite often. I am sure your family will love them too!
*You can use a pre-cooked chicken for these to save some time.
Check out my amazing –> RECIPES
Get 2017 off to the right start! Check out->> TeDivina DETOX TEA!
Old Fashioned Chicken and Dumplings
- 1 whole chicken cut up
- 2 Stalks celery diced
- 1 Can peas
- 3 carrots chopped
- 1 Large sweet onion diced
- 1 Can cream of chicken soup
- 1 Tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- 1 Tsp pepper
- 2 14oz cans chicken broth each
- 1-1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Tsp baking soda
- 1 Tsp poultry seasoning or chicken bullion powder
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 3/4 Cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- Boil chicken and veggies in water until done.
- Remove chicken from pot and remove bones.
- Add back to the stock and add cream of chicken soup and broth (you may need to add more water)
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Mix flour, seasoning, baking soda, egg, salt and buttermilk until it forms dough.
- Drop spoonfuls into the broth.
- Continue to cook until dumplings are done.