Easy recipe for mustard pickles that you’ll love! Great way to use those garden cucumbers this summer!
More amazing – RECIPES
Mustard Pickles: Half Hour Pickles
- 7 large Field cucumbers
- 2 large onions
- 1 large Red Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Coarse salt
- 4 Cups white vinegar
- 3 Cups white sugar you can substitute with Stevia
- 1 Cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp celery seed
- 2 tsp turmeric
- Peel , seed and chop cucumbers. (Cut in to bite sized pieces.)
- Dice onions.
- Pour ½ Cup Coarse salt over chopped cucumbers & onion and cover all with boiling water. Let stand about ½ hour. Drain.
- Add chopped red peppers.
- In a large pot, combine 3 cups vinegar, 2 cups sugar. Bring to a boil and add vegetables.
- In a separate bowl make a paste using 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 ½ tsp dry mustard, 2 tsp celery seed, 2 tsp turmeric and 1 cup vinegar. Add to vegetables and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Fill jars while mix is still hot, add lids and turn upside down in a pan filled with hot water enough to cover the rings.
- Allow to cool then remove jars from pan right side up. Check to make sure all lids sealed. If any have not sealed you can store pickles in the fridge.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!