This mozzarella stuff, bacon wrapped meatloaf is so easy to make and so delicious! My kids are always asking for seconds when I make this recipe!
Check out more awesome -> RECIPES
Mozzarella Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 pound Italian sausage ground
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 8-10 slices thin-cut bacon
- 6-8 ounces mozzarella cheese cubed
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl mix ground beef, Italian sausage, egg, breadcrumbs and spices.
- Line a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper overhanging the sides.
- Remove the parchment paper and lay flat on counter.
- Carefully lay the bacon one piece at a time next to each other on the parchment.
- Shape meat mixture into a long log with ⅔ of the meat mixture and lay on top of the bacon.
- Make a groove in the middle and add the mozzarella cheese to it.
- Carefully pick up the parchment paper with the bacon/meat mixture and place it in the loaf pan parchment and all.
- Cover the top with the remaining meat mixture. Lay 2 pieces of bacon lengthwise over the loaf.
- Fold the other bacon strips over on top to cover entirely bacon.
- Spread with ⅓ cup of the barbecue sauce.
- Bake in the middle of the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully spread out the barbecue sauce.
- Continue baking for another 20 minutes before turning the heat up to 400° F for the last 5-10 minutes to crisp the bacon.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes.
- VERY carefully pick up parchment paper, being cautious to not spill any bacon grease.
- Place parchment paper/meatloaf on counter or a cutting board and use a paper towel to soak up any excess grease.
- Move meatloaf to serving platter and slice.