Need a quick and easy snack for the kids? These are super quick to make and healthy! Made with wholesome ingredients.
Sometimes I need to whip up a quick snack for the kids before they get home from school. This is one of the easiest recipes I have ever come across. I love that it uses honey instead of white sugar and I find the oats are a great addition as well because they make the snack more filling. It’s kind of like the dipped, chewy granola bars you buy at the store. These are more healthy because they are made with real ingredients. I also love the fact that this recipe only has a few ingredients and they are things I almost always have in the pantry.
If you don’t want to use so many chocolate chips you can use half the amount. Just melt the chips in the microwave separately and then drizzle over the top. You could even use a few sprinkles on top for younger kids to make the bars more colourful.
I made these for my kids the other day when they had friends over and they were a hit! They are chewy and delicious, they devoured them. I will definitely be making these again.
See more –> RECIPES!
Microwave Oatmeal Bars
- 2 cups oats (the quick cooking version)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl combine oats and brown sugar. Then stir in melted butter and honey. Press into a greased 9 inch square microwave dish.
- Microwave uncovered on high for 90 seconds-then rotate a half turn and microwave 90 seconds longer.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Then microwave on 30% power for 4 1/2 minutes or until chips are glossy.
- Refrigerate 15-20 minutes before cutting and then store in airtight container.