This time of year everyone wants comfort food on a cool fall day! My meatball casserole recipe is amazing and a must try if you love meatballs!
Do you love meatballs? How about meatball subs? This is what this dish tastes like. It’s a hearty meal and good and filling fo rthose cold winter months when you get home and need a really simple weekday dish!
I love making casseroles because I have a big family and well a big dish like that feeds everyone. Casseroles also freeze well so sometimes I will actually double my recipe and make two! One for now and another to throw in the freezer for later. Its a great time saver and well I love anything that saves time.
This is also a great recipe to take to a pot luck or a church function because everyone will love you for it!
Click here for more –> RECIPES!
- 1/3 Cup green onion chopped
- 1/4 Cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 Inch loaf Italian bread cut into 1 inch slices
- 8 Ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise not low-fat or lite
- 1 Teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 Teaspoon pepper
- 2 Cups mozzarella cheese shredded, divided
- 1 (28oz) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 Cup water
- 2 Cloves garlic minced
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a bowl, combine onions, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Add beef and mix well.
- shape into 1-inch balls; place on a rack.
- In a shall baking pan, bake for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink. (Or cook in a skillet on medium heat.).
- Reduce oven temperature to 350.
- Meanwhile, arrange bread in a single layer in an ungreased 13x9x2" baking dish.
- (All of the bread might not be used.).
- Combine cream cheese, mayo, Italian seasoning and pepper; spread over the bread.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Combine sauce, water and garlic; add meatballs.
- Pour over cheese mixture; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes or until heated through.