A nice spicy shrimp dish on a cold winter day is perfect to feed some hungry people! This is the best Louisiana Shrimp Creole you will find!
This is an amazing shrimp dish that is the right amount of spicy and absolutely delicious!! Feel free to adjust the spice to your liking but I found this the perfect combination of flavors that everyone loves! This is a great recipe to make for a party or get together or to bring to a pot luck! It will disappear fast and you’ll have many people asking you for the recipe! This recipe makes a roux which is the best way to make shrimp creole! A little taste of the south at home!!
Check out more amazing -> RECIPES
Louisiana Shrimp Creole With Roux
- 1 stick butter butter can use more if needed
- 8 tbs flour
- 1 cup parsley chopped
- 1 dozen green onions chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 8-9 cloves garlic chopped
- 4 lbs shrimp can use more
- 1/2 stalk celery chopped
- 2 onions chopped
- 6 cups water
- 3 cans cans tomato paste
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbs salt
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Cook butter and flour until browned; add vegetables. Saute 10-15 minutes.
- Add water and remaining ingredients except vinegar and shrimp. Simmer 30 minutes.
- Add vinegar and simmer 1 hour and 30 minutes. Add shrimp and bring to a boil and simmer 20 minutes. The key is to not overcook your shrimp.
- Let them slowly simmer in the sauce until just cooked through.
- Serve over hot rice.