The best creamy lemon flavored muffin recipe you’ll ever make! Moist and delicious, topped with a lemon butter cream icing!
My go to lemon cupcake recipe when I am craving something sweet with a hint of lemon flavor! They’re delicious and the perfect summer treat!
More AMAZING -> RECIPES
Lemon Cream Cupcakes
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sour cream 16 ounces
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- 2-1/4 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoons milk
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition (batter will be thick).
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups with 1/4 cup of batter. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, cream butter and confectioners' sugar in a small bowl until light and fluffy. Add the lemon juice, vanilla, lemon peel and milk; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!