Cinnamon buns that are low carb and keto friendly! Delicious and healthy!
Check out more delicious -> RECIPES
Keto Cinnamon Buns
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Stevia or any sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 stick butter melted
- 1 sprinkle Stevia for the inside of the dough
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Stevia any sugar substitute will do
- Combine the Mozzarella Cheese, Almond Flour, Baking Powder, Cream Cheese, Stevia, and Cinnamon in a microwave safe bowl and heat it on high for about a minute.
- Make sure the cheese has melted, stir the ingredients until combined and smooth. After you mix everything add the egg to the mix and mix again.
- Dump the dough onto a sheet of parchment paper and begin to knead the dough for about a min.
- Use a rolling pin to smooth out the dough in a large rectangle shape.
- Melt the stick of butter and use a brush to spread it over the rolled out dough. Sprinkle the cinnamon and sweetener on to the dough.
- Roll up the dough long ways. Use a piece of string (I used fishing string but anything string should work) to cut the dough into 15 parts of cinnamon rolls.
- Place a piece of parchment paper in the bottom or your pan to line it before baking. Place the rolls in a baking pan (I used a 8in round cake pan).
- Set the oven to 350 degrees and bake them for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine together the heavy cream, cream cheese and sweetener into a bowl and mix it with a mixer on high speed until the ingredients is nice and smooth. Set aside.
- Now when the cinnamon rolls come out allow them to cool for about 5 or 10 minutes before frosting.
Note: Dough gets pretty sticky I just used my hands to flatten dough and shape into a rectangle.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!