This Jamaican Banana Bread will make you feel like you are in beautiful Jamaica! One of my favorite places to be!
Jamaica is one of my favourite places to visit! I have been there with my husband and my kids a few times now, and met some amazing people! The people that live there are the reason we keep going back, they are so friendly and kind!
I wanted to make this Jamaican Banana Bread and use some of my Jamaican rum in it, that I brought back on my last visit. I love Jamaican rum so I figured this banana bread was sure to be delicious! Don’t worry you don’t have to make it with rum if it’s for kids. If you don’t want to make this with rum you can replace the rum with apple cider.
This was truly one of the best banana bread recipes I have ever tasted! Loved the coconut and the glaze on top. Really made the banana bread delicious! If you can find pina colada flavored yogurt I also recommend using it, as it makes it delicious! You will really enjoy this recipe, definitely a hit!
“Don’t worry about a thing, cause every little thing, gonna be alright!” – Bob Marley
Check out my amazing –> RECIPES
Get 2017 off to the right start! Check out->> TeDivina DETOX TEA!
Jamaican Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana about 3 bananas
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt or pina colada flavored!!
- 3 tablespoons dark rum OR apple cider
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut optional
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon flaked sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
- Place granulated sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add banana, yogurt, rum, and vanilla; beat until blended.
- Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist. Stir in 1/2 cup coconut.
- Spoon batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon coconut.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan.
- Combine powdered sugar and juice, stirring with a whisk; drizzle over warm bread.
- Cool completely on wire rack.