Iron Skillet Cowboy Cornbread is one of my most requested recipes, if you haven’t tried it yet you are missing out! A nice hearty meal that will fill you up!
Everyone loves this recipe, it is so easy to make and turns out great every time I make it! Great family dish that the kids will love! I love making hearty meals in my iron skillet, they bake up really well. If you don’t have one you can use an oven safe dish. This is always so delicious! This one is definitely a family favorite and I get requests for it all the time! I hope you enjoy it!
Check out my amazing –> RECIPES
Iron Skillet Cowboy Cornbread
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cans Rotel tomatoes drained
- 2 cans Ranch style beans drained
- 2 packages Mexican style cornbread per directions
- 1 can cream style corn
- 2 cups cheddar shredded
- Start with cooking the ground beef in a large sauce pan, season as desired, add drained Rotel tomatoes and drained Ranch style beans. Simmer 10 minutes. Mix the two packages of Mexican style cornbread per directions.
- Add a can of cream style corn to cornbread mix, toss in 1 cup shredded cheese and stir. Pour half of the cornbread mix in the bottom of your greased Iron Skillet, then pour on meat mixture, top with 1 cup shredded cheese, pour remaining cornbread mix on top.
- Bake at 350 for about 20-30 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown.