These are a fun treat for the kids that they’ll love! Not your average cupcake!
Check out more awesome -> RECIPES
Hot Cocoa Cupcakes
- 1 (18oz) package Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 2 cups mini marshmallows divided
- 4 (1oz) squares semi-sweet baking chocolate coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 (8oz) tub Cool Whip
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Prepare and bake cake batter as directed on package for 24 cupcakes; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place 1 cup marshmallows, chocolate chunks and milk in large saucepan.
- Cook on low heat until marshmallows and chocolate are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring constantly.
- Cool at least 30 minutes before gently stirring in Cool Whip.
- Frost cupcakes with the whipped topping mixture; top with the remaining cup marshmallows.
- Sprinkle evenly with cocoa.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Store leftover cupcakes in refrigerator.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!