Homestyle hearty soups are perfect for this time of year. This homestyle hamburger soup is delicious and filling for your whole family!
Looking for a delicious meal for your family? This hamburger soup is so good! I love making meals like this because you can add anything you like and it’s easy to fill this with lots of vitamin rich vegetables. It makes a very filling soup and it’s great for leftovers the next day.
Feel free to use any pasta you have on hand. I happened to have elbow macaroni in the pantry so that is what I used. You could also use ground pork or chicken in place of the beef if you like.
My kids really liked this one and we used it for their lunches the next day. They like to take soup in a thermos, especially if it’s filling like this one.
Feel free to use a big pot and double the recipe, this freezes well too!
Check out more of my –> RECIPES
Homestyle Hamburger Soup
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/8 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 (2oz) package onion soup mix
- 6 cups boiling water
- 1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
- 4 carrots cut up
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 cup celery sliced
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- In a large saucepan, brown meat, drain excess fat.
- Add salt, pepper, oregano, basil, seasoned salt, and onion soup mix.
- Stir in boiling water and tomato sauce.
- Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare celery and carrots; then add to simmering mixture with corn and continue to cook for 30 minutes.
- Add macaroni and simmer for 30 minutes longer, adding more water if necessary and stirring occasionally.
- To freeze: place soup in a rigid container and freeze.
- To reheat: remove from freezer and thaw. Place soup in saucepan and heat, stirring, until hot.