The only thing better than peach pie filling? HOMEMADE peach pie filling!
Check out more awesome -> RECIPES
Homemade Peach Pie Filling
- 3 cups peaches peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- In a large saucepan, combine water, juice, sugar
- and cornstarch then add peaches.
- Stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Once it is bubbly, cook at the same temperature for another 2 minutes(until thickened), constantly stirring.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and cinnamon.
- Cool to room temperature, then use right away or pour into Mason jar and store in the refrigerator.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!