One of my favorite home made pies of all time! Who doesn’t love lemon meringue pie?
Check out more awesome -> RECIPES
Homemade Lemon Meringue Pie
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 medium lemons juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 large egg yolks beaten
- 1 9 inch pie crust baked
- 4 large egg whites
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together 1 cup sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt.
- Stir in water, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Stir in butter. Place egg yolks in a small bowl and gradually whisk in 1/2 cup of hot sugar mixture.
- Whisk egg yolk mixture back into remaining sugar mixture.
- Bring to a boil and continue to cook while stirring constantly until thick.
- Remove from heat. Pour filling into baked pastry shell.
- In a large glass or metal bowl, whip egg whites until foamy.
- Add sugar gradually, and continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
- Spread meringue over pie, sealing the edges at the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until meringue is golden brown.
click here to print - https://www.vidarecipes.com/recipe/homemade-lemon-meringue-pie/print/
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!