These are the best!! So easy to make and sure beats the store bought stuff! Great for the fall season!!
More amazing – RECIPES
Homemade Glazed Pumpkin "PopTarts"
- 2 in refrigerated pie crusts the long boxes by pillsbury
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree fresh or canned
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp almond extract can use vanilla or maple extract
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 small Dash of salt
- 1 small Dash of nutmeg optional
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 tbs Tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, brown sugar, extract, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, and salt. Set to the side.
- Place pie crusts on a lightly floured surface and roll each one thin with a rolling pin. Cut each one into 8 rectangles. Use leftover to make up an odd shaped one 🙂
- Place a rectangles on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray and spoon about 2 tbsp of pumpkin mixture into the center of it and smooth to within a 1/4 " of the edge, leaving enough room for crimping. Top with another pie crust rectangle.
- Using a fork, crimp the edges by placing the tip of your fork about ½ inch over the edge of the rectangle.
- Repeat these steps for the remaining "pop tarts".
- Bake for about 11 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Then cool completely.
- To make glaze~ Mix together all the ingredients for the glaze.
- Once poptarts have cooled, spoon the glaze over the top of them and wait until glazed hardens.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!