When it’s cold outside nothing beats a hot bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup. This is a family favourite for the cold winter months and sick days
We’ve all experienced that feeling of being sick sick. Where you stay inside, feel terrible and make chicken noodle soup out of a packet/can. I can’t promise that this soup will make you get better sooner, but I can promise that it’ll taste way better than that store bought stuff!
This is actually my go to chicken noodle soup recipe for when my kids get sick. I say kids because in my house it’s never only one that gets sick, it’s all of them. As soon as the first sign of sniffles appears I whip up a big batch of this. After doling out a few large bowls to everyone I refrigerate the rest.
Click here for more –> RECIPES!
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- 4 Cups chicken cut into bite size pieces
- 2 medium celery stalks chopped
- 2 Tbsp garlic minced
- 3 large carrots chopped
- 1 Tbsp dried onion minced
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 2 bullion cubes
- 1 Bag egg noodles
- 12 Cups chicken broth
- 1/2 Tsp dried marjoram
- 1/2 Tsp ground black pepper
- 1 medium bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 Tsp black pepper
- 1 Pinch salt
- In a large stock pot, saute celery and garlic in butter.
- Add chicken, carrots, broth, bouillon cubes, dried minced onion, marjoram, black pepper, bay leaf, parsley and salt. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add noodles, and simmer for 10 more minutes or until noodles are done.