Copy-cat Ho Ho Cake recipe tastes amazing! This recipe is so simple to make and tastes amazing! Takes your boxed cake recipe to an amazing level!
Are you looking for a quick dessert to make but don’t want to make just another boxed cake? This recipe is perfect and takes a regular boxed cake and makes it extra yummy!! If you’d ever had a Ho Ho you’ll love this one! Same thing but bigger and better! Chocolate cake with creamy whipped filling and chocolate icing poured over the top!
I have seen other recipes on the internet that call for quite a few steps and ingredients, this is definitely much easier then those. This recipe is so simple even the older kids can make it by themselves. I always like finding recipes that the kids can make because they like to do everything themselves. No help from Mom needed. This is a great choice for them to make!
You could also make this using a chocolate cake made from scratch but I usually like to save time and use the boxed version.
Check out my amazing -> RECIPES
Ho Ho Cake
- 1 box chocolate cake
- 1 can milk chocolate frosting
- 1 8oz package cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3 cups confection sugar
- 1 8oz tub tub cool whip
- Prepare boxed cake mix according to box directions and pour into prepared two 9 inch cake pans and bake for time specified on box.
- Blend cream cheese and butter until smooth, add confection sugar mix well, fold in cool whip then refrigerate
- Once cake is cooled put the filling in the center of the cake then press the top on and then smooth out the sides. Frost with milk chocolate frosting.