This hasselback chicken is so good! The smell of it cooking is enough to make your mouth water.
If you’re looking for something different, this is a great idea. It’s simple yet flavourful with a little bit of kick thanks to the cajun seasoning in it.
It only has a few ingredients so it’s easy to prepare. You can switch out the spinach for broccoli, if you prefer.
If you don’t like spicy foods just use less cajun seasoning. It will still be quite tasty.
Another way to switch it up is to use a different kind of cheese than monterey jack or use your favorite variety of breadcrumbs.
Check out more of my -> RECIPES
- 1 1/2 Lbs chicken breast halves boneless and skinless
- 4 Oz monterey jack pepper cheese sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 Tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup spinach cooked
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a sharp knife, make slits in the chicken breasts that are about 3/4 inches wide, making sure not to cut all the way down through the bottom of the chicken breast. (You will have about 7 or 8 slits per chicken breast, depending on how large your chicken breasts are).
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place the spinach evenly in the slits of the chicken.
- Combine the breadcrumb and Cajun seasoning in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the chicken.
- Place the pepper jack slices in the slits of the chicken.
- Place each chicken on its own lightly greased sheet of tin foil and make a "bowl", surrounding each chicken breast. (This keeps the juices contained).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove each chicken breast from its tin foil "bowl" and place on a serving dish.