Stir fries are great for a low carb meal and this recipe is fast and easy to make! This easy stir fried beef and peppers recipe is no exception!
This was so simple to make! We actually used chicken and beef in ours, it was a great combination with great flavour. The kids had theirs with some rice and often when I make this I will put it over quinoa for them as well. My kids love quinoa and it’s really healthy. You can also serve it over cauliflower rice or a bed of spinach for a low carb option.
I love stir fry because you can follow a basic recipe like this one and add in any veggies you want. It’s super fast to make for a weekday meal. All the prep work of cutting up the vegetables and meat can be done ahead of time. You can actually buy most of this cut up at the store as well to make it even easier, you just end up paying a bit more that way.
We made lots and it was a great lunch the next day. I always find recipes like this taste so much better the next day because all the flavours have marinated together overnight.
Click here for more –> RECIPES!
Easy Stir Fried Beef and Peppers
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 Lb top sirloin steak (or chicken) sliced very thin
- 2 Cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 Small onion sliced thin
- 1 Small yellow bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 Oz red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- In a wok or large skillet, heat the oil.
- Stir-fry the beef, garlic and ginger over high heat just until the steak is partially browned and some pink remains, maybe 30 seconds to a minute.
- Add the onions and peppers; stir-fry until tender-crisp about 1 minute or so.
- Stir in the soy sauce and oyster sauce.
- Cook very briefly just until the sauce coats everything.
- Serve over rice or quinoa, for a low carb version version serve over cauliflower rice or a bed of spinach