An easy potato, bacon and chicken recipe that will knock your socks off! Amazingly delicious flavors baked together in a yummy dish!
More delicious – RECIPES
Easy Smothered Chicken
- 6 medium potatoes washed and sliced
- 6 medium boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 - 10oz can Campbell's cheddar cheese soup or any other cream soup
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 6-8 slices of bacon chopped up and cooked with drippings reserved
- 1 cup cheese
- 1 teaspoon Salt and pepper
- Whisk soup, cheese and milk until smooth. Save 1 cup of cheese and soup mixture and set aside to use later.
- Spray the bottom and sides of a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Layer potato slices along the bottom in a single layer, then top with 1/3 of the soup mixture. Season potatoes with salt and pepper. Do this 3 times, so you have three layers with potatoes, each topped with some of the soup mixture and seasoned with salt and pepper. Top potatoes with sliced onion. Cover dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice bacon into 1/2-inch strips and cook in a skillet over medium-high heat until bacon is browned and crispy. Remove bacon pieces from skillet with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- Season chicken tenderloins with salt and pepper, then sauté in bacon drippings over medium-high heat until lightly browned (we’re not trying to cook them through, just get a nice sear on each side); set aside.
- Remove dish from oven and uncover. Arrange chicken tenderloins on top of potatoes and pour reserved cheese soup mixture over chicken. Cover tightly again and continue cooking for 30 more minutes.
- Remove dish from oven and uncover. Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over chicken and potatoes then top with bacon pieces. Return dish to oven and continue cooking, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!