This easy chicken casserole was a huge hit in my house! The whole family loved it and it was an easy meal to make.
The best thing about making this easy chicken casserole was my idea to double the recipe. The first dish of it was gone in a flash before hubby even got home! I actually sent him a text with the picture of the empty casserole dish saying this was supper. Of course I sent him another picture of the second, full dish a few minutes later!
I have a large family of six so I love doubling recipes because it gives us lots of food and leftovers. But you could always double this and freeze the second one for a busy night when you don’t even have time to make this quick dish! Just make ahead without putting in the oven. When you take it out of the freezer simply bake at that time.
This casserole was a huge hit with my kids, they loved the taste and even asked for seconds. I wanted to make something easy because it was such a busy night and this did the trick! This would be great to take to a pot luck or church function as well and would even make a great dish for over the holidays. You can use leftover turkey instead of chicken to use up that extra meat the next day.
NOTE: Next time that I make this recipe I am going to use water instead of chicken broth. The original directions on the box of stuffing calls for water but I used chicken broth like the recipe said and I found it a little too salty. You could also use reduced sodium chicken broth and that would be less salty as well. I also used corn instead of peas because my kids don’t care for peas. Any veggies could be added to this that you prefer. Green beans would be a great choice!
Click here for more –> RECIPES!
You can enjoy some of these great recipes in moderation without feeling guilty with this amazing product-> Click HERE
Easy Chicken Casserole
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tbsp butter (or margarine)
- 3 cups stove top stuffing cooked
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (15oz) can sweet peas
- 24 oz chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup cheese cheddar/mozarella, shredded
- Combine chicken broth, butter, and Stove Top in bowl and microwave 4 minutes.
- In 2 qt casserole dish mix: cream of chicken soup, milk, and peas. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut up chicken tenders into bite-size chunks. Put in layer on top of soup mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese in a layer on top of chicken chunks.
- Fluff stuffing with fork and spread over cheese layer.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes until heated through.