A light, moist cake perfect for any occasion! Easy to make and a delicious cake for summer, with strawberries and whipped cream!
So Light and moist ~ Not Too Sweet ~Perfect after a heavy meal!!
This recipe is so different from any cake you have ever tasted!! Give it a try….I know you will love it!!
This is a great cake to make in the summer, especially when strawberries are in season. It looks amazing and tastes even better! Great for a party or a special get together! You can even freeze the layers once cooked and thaw and decorate when needed.
Any fruit can be used for this, blueberries work well too or even a mix of berries.
This cake tastes even better the next day and the day after that….if there is any left!! The Trick is Not to Over bake the layers…or it will be dry and not nice and moist.
This will soon become Your Favorite Family Cake too!!
Check out more awesome -> RECIPES
Danish Heirloom Layer Cake
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pint whipping cream whipped and sweetened with 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 1-2 pounds sliced strawberries or fruit of choice
- 1 cup sugar
- In a medium bowl, mix together with a whisk or wooden spoon, yogurt, sour cream, egg, salt, baking soda, baking powder and sugar. Add flour and vanilla.
- Grease or spray a 3 - 9" layer pans and divide batter evenly between pans. (the batter will seem skimpy....but spread as evenly as you can with a spatula in each pan - layers will rise on baking).
- Bake at 350 for only 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on racks and remove from pans with a plastic spatula onto racks to finish cooling as soon as you can handle the cakes.
- IMPORTANT: Do NOT over bake! If not using immediately - put wax paper between layers, cover with plastic and refrigerate or freeze till ready to assemble cake.
- Layer cake layers: 1/3 whipped cream and 1/2 sweetened sliced strawberries, or fruit of choice - then 1/3 whipped cream and 1/2 berries. Last layer - just whipped cream. Decorate with berries.
- This cake tastes even better the next day and the day after that... if there is any left! The Trick is not over baking the layers or it will be dry and not nice and moist.