A hearty crockpot meal that’s simple to make and delicious!
Check out more delicious -> RECIPES
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 cups frozen cut okra
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ounce can diced tomatoes undrained, 14.5size
- 1 ounce package frozen shelled deveined cooked medium shrimp rinsed, 12size
- 1 1/2 cups regular long-grain white rice uncooked
- 3 cups water
- In small saucepan, combine flour and oil; mix well. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. This is your Roux. Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring constantly, about 10 minutes or until mixture turns reddish brown. Place flour-oil mixture in 3 1/2 to 4 quart Crockpot.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients except shrimp, rice and water. Cover; cook on low setting for 7-9 hours.
- When ready to serve, cook rice in water as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, add shrimp to gumbo mixture in crockpot; mix well. Cover; cook on low setting for additional 20 minutes. Serve gumbo over rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!