Here’s a great crock pot recipe for all of you who have a crock pot! (I love my crock pot!)
Crock pots are perhaps one of the best inventions ever, in my opinion. You just stick the uncooked food in it when you wake up, set it to low, and then BAM! It’s done perfectly at suppertime; it’s foolproof!
Some of you may remember my last chicken noodle soup recipe, where I explained how great home made chicken noodle soup is. Well this recipe simply takes the awesomeness up a notch. I just throw my ingredients in the crock pot before my kids go to school. By the time my kids get home the soup is finished and they’re eating it. It’s like pre-emptively battling those winter time colds, which makes it super awesome! (It seems to be rather effective too!)
Click here for more –> RECIPES!
Creamy Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 32oz container chicken broth
- 3 Cups water
- 2 1/2 Cups chopped cooked chicken about 12 ounces
- 3 Medium carrots sliced
- 3 Stalks celery sliced
- 4 Oz fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 Cup onion chopped
- 1 1/2 Tsp dried thyme crushed
- 3/4 Tsp garlic-pepper seasoning
- 3 Oz cream cheese cut in cubes
- 2 Cups dried egg noodles
- In a 5-6 quart slow cooker, combine broth, water, carrots, celery, mushrooms, onion, thyme and garlic-pepper seasoning.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-4 hours.
- (If using low-heat setting, turn cooker to high-heat setting for the next part)
- Stir in cream cheese, then chicken and uncooked noodles.
- Cover and cook for 20-30 minutes more or just until noodles are tender.