Perfect to slather on home made biscuits or toast! A sweet treat that tastes delicious and great for gifting as well!
I love this crockpot apple butter, its is so easy to make and turns out perfect every time!! Great for gifts as well if you make extra! You can freeze these for later use.
Check out my amazing -> RECIPES
Crock Pot Apple Butter
- 3 lbs apples make sure 1/2 are Granny Smith
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 3/4 cup water or fresh apple cider
- Fill Crock-pot 3/4 full with peeled, cored and sliced apples.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until evenly mixed.
- Cover and cook on low setting overnight or until the butter is of a thick, spreadable consistency.
- If apple butter has too much liquid, remove lid and cook on high until thickened.
- Stir often as butter thickens to prevent scorching.
- Mash Apple Butter until chunky or smooth with hand held masher or blender
- Store in refrigerator for up to 6 weeks. Freeze for longer storage with a little space at the top.