A delicious home made soup your whole family will love! Satisfying and easy to make!
Check out more delicious -> RECIPES
Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virign Olive Oil
- 1 large sweet onion peeled and chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 cups carrots sliced
- 4 medium garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/4 Lbs boneless skinless chicken breast 2 large breasts
- 9 cups chicken broth
- 1 (8.8oz) package Three Cheese Tortellini
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Place a large sauce pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil and chopped onions. Saute for 3 minutes to soften.
- Add the chopped bell pepper, carrots, and garlic. Saute another 3 minutes.
- Add whole chicken breasts, chicken broth, dried thyme, crushed red pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper to the pot. Bring to a simmer. Lower the heat a little and simmer 15 minutes, until the chicken in cooked through. Remove the chicken and place on a cutting board.
- Turn the heat back to medium. With the broth still simmering, stir in the Three Cheese Tortellini. Stir well so it doesn’t stick together.
- Chop or shred the chicken and place back in the soup.
- Once the tortellini is cooked through, about 10-14 minutes, turn off the heat.
- Stir in 1/4 cup heavy cream, spinach, and parsley. Add a little more cream if desired. Taste, then salt and pepper as needed.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!