This strawberry cobbler is one of the best strawberry desserts I’ve had in a long time.
This is a sweet strawberry treat that I’m sure anybody could appreciate. Rich tasting and sweet, this recipe is great for any occasion (especially potlucks)
I stumbled across this recipe one day after I had been to the store. I had bought a strawberry cobbler there and had cut a piece to eat when I got home. Needless to say it was disappointing.
I figured that I could make a better one from scratch. So I set to it and here it is, and boy is it delicious
Click here for more –> RECIPES!
Cream Cheese Strawberry Cobbler
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 Tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 2 Quarts whole strawberries capped and washed
- 4 Oz cream cheese cut in small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and pour into a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the egg, milk, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour directly over the butter in the baking dish, but do not stir.
- Add the strawberries, arranging in a single layer as much as possible.
- Sprinkle cream cheese pieces over strawberries.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes, or until top is golden brown and edges are bubbling. (Crust rises up and around the fruit, but fruit will still peek out of top.