Ended up with a lot of bananas today because I thought they would be great for lunches but turns out my kids didn’t want to take bananas this week! Crazy because they were so popular last week! It’s fine though, because everyone loves banana bread!
The bananas were getting overly ripe, so I decided to make banana bread because they would love that for an after school treat! I figure it was a hit since one loaf is already GONE!
I have gotten so many requests over the years for cream cheese banana bread. It’s one of my most popular recipes! Everyone agrees its a favourite. Make sure you share it, once your friends try this they will love it too!
No more dry banana bread, this version is moist and a real treat right out of the oven! You’ll never want to make any other banana loaf again!
Click here for more –> RECIPES!
Cream Cheese Banana Bread
- 3/4 Cup butter softened
- 8 Oz package cream cheese softened
- 2 Cup sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 3 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Cup mashed bananas about 4 bananas
- 1 Cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla
- Beat butter and cream cheese until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Combine flour and next three ingredients.
- Gradually add to butter mixture; beating on low just until blended.
- Stir in bananas, nuts and vanilla.
- Spoon batter into 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool before slicing.