A cinnamon and apple cake that tastes amazing, still warm out of the oven! Perfect for tea time! Easy to make recipe for any occasion!
More awesome -> RECIPES
Cinnamon Apple Cake
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 large apple peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup brown sugar not packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 5"x 9" loaf pan.
- Bowl #1: In a bowl, mix cinnamon and brown sugar... Set aside.
- Bowl #2: Using an electric mixer, beat sugar and butter till smooth. Add eggs one at a time. Blend well. Beat in vanilla and set aside.
- Bowl #3: Mix flour and baking powder
- Stir flour mix into butter mix; add milk and beat until batter is smooth. Pour half of the batter into the pan, sprinkle with half of the brown sugar mixture and half of the apples.
- Using a fork press lightly into batter.
- Pour remaining batter on top, add the remaining apples and brown sugar mix. Press down lightly again. Using a skewer/chopstick/knife, swirl the brown sugar mixture through the batter.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!