These Christmas Tree cupcakes are so much fun to make with the kids! Everyone will love these cupcakes, they are so just so cute!
I made these with the kids for a bake sale at my daughter’s school and they were a huge hit! We had so much fun making them as well. These are not your average cupcakes. They are so cute and everyone will adore them! The coconut added tot eh top represents snow and then the pretzels and candy melts make the tress. The sprinkles add the finishing touch! You can use either white or chocolate cupcakes, the cupcake recipe below is for chocolate.
Perfect for any Christmas party or just something exciting to make with the kids during the holidays. They cupcakes are so impressive, your guests will love the idea!
More –> CHRISTMAS RECIPES
Christmas Tree Cupcakes
For the cupcakes:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup green candy melts
- 1 cup pretzel sticks
- Assorted sprinkles
- 2 cups shredded sweetened coconut flakes
For the frosting:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
For the Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a muffin pan with baking cups.
- In a bowl, stir together dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside for later.
- In stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined then beat in the vanilla then alternately beat in the flour mixture and the milk, starting and ending with the flour mixture.
- Spoon batter into the muffin tins and then bake for 18 to 22 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely.
- I used Wilton Candy Melts for the trees. Melt according to package directions and then transfer the mixture to a piping bag.Set pretzel sticks on a wax paper-lined baking sheet, spacing them 2 to 3 inches apart. Pipe the candy melts over the pretzel sticks in the shape of a tree then immediately top the trees with the sprinkles. Trees will harden quickly.
Make the frosting:
- In your bowl of your stand mixer fitted mix together the butter and cream cheese until well blended. Add the vanilla extract and powdered sugar, beating just until combined.
- Assemble the cupcakes:
- Spread a small portion of the frosting atop the cooled cupcakes and then immediately sprinkle it with the coconut flakes. Must be done right away so coconut sticks.
- Carefully pick up trees from wax paper and stick into cup cakes. That's it! Enjoy!