Better than Grandma’s chocolate pie and so easy to make! Topped with delicious meringue, this is sure to be a family favorite.
Check out more delicious -> RECIPES
- 1 baked deep dish pie crust
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 can carnation evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 4 medium egg yolks
- 6.5 oz bitter sweet chocolate
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp butter
- Whisk together milk, egg yolks and dry ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat until it starts to bubble, remove from heat.
- Add chocolate, vanilla and butter.
- Make meringue and bake for 9 minutes at 400 F
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!