A delicious fall treat that’s also perfect for the holidays! Who doesn’t love the amazing taste of pumpkin?
Thanks to Amanda Stortz for this yummy recipe!
More delicious – RECIPES
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Roll
- 2 large eggs
- 5 oz sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon butter softened
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix eggs, sour cream, sugar and pumpkin together in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, stir the flour, baking powder, salt, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg together.
- Take flour mixture and add to mixing bowl slowly, on medium till all incorporated.
- Pour mixture on baking pan, spread out and bake for 15 minutes.
- Take a clean dish towel that is the size of the cake. Cover with ½ cup powdered sugar.
- When cake is done and cooled for about 2 minutes. Removing from pan lay cake onto the dish towel. Starting at one end, roll the cake into the dish towel.
- Place in refrigerator to cool for an hour.
- Prepare filling by mixing butter, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Take the cake roll out of refrigerator and unroll. Spread icing onto the cake. Then, roll the cake back up without the dish towel and refrigerate for 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, melt 1 cup of mini chocolate chips over a double boiler. Spoon melted chocolate into a piping bag to pipe decorations. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips. ENJOY!